Thursday, 2 February 2017

Silver Art

Here are the last cards for the UKATC January swap on the second theme of silver.  As usual I made 3 cards but one of them wouldn't scan or photograph well enough to post.
 
I chose black card for all the ATCs in this theme as it's a combination I like and for this one I used an Imagination Crafts stencil and silver texture paste.  It's actually a Christmas bauble but turned upside down it reminds me of an ornate topiary tree.
 

I threaded some fine white ribbon through the centre and wound it round the card before finishing with the bow.

For the next card I brushed the silver texture paste over the card with a wet wipe before pressing a die cut butterfly onto the surface.  When removed this lifted some of the texture paste off , creating the impression of the butterfly almost as a shadow.
 
 
The words were stamped and heat embossed using Tim Holtz, Stuff to Say stamps and silver  embossing powder.
 
 

No comments: