Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Art Journal Journey

This month's theme at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY  is Fifty Shades of Red which made me think of Valentines' Day and hearts (I'm so predictable) so that's the theme I went with.
 
 
I got started with some watercolour paint in Permanent Rose and Alizarin Crimson and after wetting the page, allowed the paint to drip and run.  I dabbed more paint here and there to intensify the colour and flicked some across the page.   When this was dry I used a Tim Holtz faded dots stencil and StazOn red ink to add some texture. 
 
 Next, using a strong mix of each of the watercolour reds and a stencil,  I painted the solid hearts, then I used Distress Ink in Festive Berries and Fired Brick to stamp 'Love', using a Tim Holtz Stuff to Say stamp before finally writing 'Love' using a felt pen.
 

 
 
   

1 comment:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Sue!

Thank you very much for joining Art Journal Journey !
Much appreciated !
oxo Susi