Sunday, 29 January 2017

Snow Time

So much for trying to craft and post more frequently this year!!  I just seem to get tied up with other things and my favourite hobbies get pushed to the bottom of the list.
 
Anyway, today I'm sharing another 3 artist trading cards, made for the UKATC swap, on the theme of 'Snow'

 
I started with white card, sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery.  Then I used a Crafty Individuals' stamp for the sentiment, using Blonde Moments heat embossing powder in Savoury Sky Iridescent.
 
 
For this one I used Winsor & Newton Watercolours to paint a childlike village complete with giant snow flakes. 
 
 I did something similar some years' ago for Christmas cards but on a larger scale.  It's quite liberating to paint a scene without worrying about proportion, scale and technique.  A bit like being back at infant school.
 
 
For the last card I used some lovely variegated blue cardstock, dry embossed using the Cuttlebug and a snowflake embossing folder.  I used Stickles Icicles for the centre of the embossed flakes and added a large white, shimmering snowflake for the main focus.
 
 

No comments: