Sunday, 22 January 2017

Artist Trading Cards

Today I'm sharing the first cards of this year for the UKATC   swap group. 
 

I used Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed to ink and stamp the background, using  an Inkylicious twig stamp and Crafty Individuals' CI-176.  The hares in the foreground were a free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine, stamped in DI Black Soot.  It's the first time I've tried building up stamped layers to create a picture and was pleased with the result, although I suspect it was more luck than skill!
 
 
I used a torn piece of fibrous craft paper as the backing for this Oxford Impressions, Lily Elsie photo stamp set.  The fluffy edges of the peach paper remind of the large ostrich feather fans of the 1920s and 30s.  The image was stamped using DI Black Soot and I liked the grainy quality this achieved.  

 
For the last card I dry embossed the backing with a Cuttlebug and inked the raised design with DI Tattered Rose.  The flowers were die cut using Cricut Cartridge, Flower Shoppe.

 
 

No comments: