Thursday, 10 November 2016

No Faces, No Wings, No Leaves but Collage

That's the theme over at Art Journal Journey this month and as usual there's some fabulous inspiration so do take a peak.
 
 
My inspiration comes from Armistice Day and the Poppy Appeal and I deliberately left the page fairly plain because I wanted the poppy to do the talking.
 
  I started by sticking torn pages from a dictionary as my background and then painted the poppy using watercolour paint, so the dictionary pages show through.
 
I stencilled the word 'Peace' using black StazOn ink and typed the rest of my sentiment to collage underneath.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page with a sentiment that is always fitting. Thanks so much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderful collage Sue! I love how you made the poppy pop out! Great!
Thank you very much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey this month!
Great to have you with us!
Happy weekend ahead!
oxo
Susi

chrissie said...

A terrific page for right now

Love Chrissie xx

sheila 77 said...

A lovely idea and a lovely minimalist design. I like the background text pages.

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you used the old pages for background. It makes a really beautiful page. :) Erika