Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Journal Your Christmas 2016

It's nearly that time again - yes the annual 'Journal Your Christmas' class with Shimelle Laine which starts on 1st December.  I've been taking part in this event since 2010 and really enjoy journaling the festivities and each year I look back at previous albums and see how our celebrations have changed.
 
This year will be a very different Christmas for us and one which I want to capture in my album as marking a turning point in our family traditions.  I've already completed my album cover and made all the date tags to add to the pages, so I'm ready to start.

 
I made my album again this year using the Bind-it-All and 8" x 8" bracket covers from Teresa Collins.  I inked the edges of the cover in StazOn red ink and started with a sheet of red paper with the addition of a torn piece of music script for 'The Christmas Child'.  Annoyingly the picture is blurred, even using the close up option on my camera.
 
 
I used a large stencil and white moulding paste for the word 'Journal' and typed the rest of the album title.
 
 
A simple cover but I've found over the years that if I add to much there is a danger of the embellishments snagging on other albums on the shelf and getting torn off.
 
Inside the album I've used Bind-it-All moveable page protectors which will hold the red and green card backing for each day's photos, journaling and embellishments.
 
 
 

No comments: