Thursday, 4 August 2016

For the Love of Nature

Today I'm sharing an art journal page for the theme of 'Nature's Wonders' at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY
 
 
 
I started by painting the page randomly with light brown acrylic paint, then brushed some gesso over the centre to give a lighter area for gluing. I dropped some Glimmer Mist in Walnut Gold onto the top of the page and let it run down, adding to the natural, rustic feel. 
 
I used Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap for the stamped twigs from Inkylicious and Rusty Hinge for the owl which was stamped onto white card.  Before the ink was completely dry I used a damp wet wipe to smear the ink slightly giving the wise old owl some colour.
 
 
The large leaf skeleton is from a craft pack, which I sprayed lightly with Glimmer Mist in Walnut Gold so it would stand out more on the page.
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Gibby Frogett said...

Your page has a wonderful dreamy quality Sue and I love it!
I love owls as you might be able to see from my profile icon,
so I adore your owl stamp.
Gill x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Su, lovely to see you again and thanks for joining us at AJJ. I hear an owl every evening, but haven't seen it yet! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a dreamy page Sue! Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again! So nice to have you with us!
oxo
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

A very delicate and beautiful page! Have a great week! J :-)

My name is Erika. said...

This has wonderful texture. I just love owls, and anything with them. Have a great weekend, Hugs-Erika

Indira said...

Lovely colors and textures. The leaf and the owl look great put together.

Chris said...

Your page is lovely Sue, the warm hues and the leaf bring autumn to mind.
Chris
x

genie said...

This turned out beautifully. It is sososo pretty. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your nice comment. genie

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful Van Gogh quote and your page is really lovely!
Those skeletonized leaves always speak to me.
Your addition of color is a very nice touch.
oxo