Sunday, 7 August 2016

A Shabby Heart

A nice change today as I share a piece of altered art, which I haven't done for ages.  As usual the original piece was found lurking in the wardrobe, discovered whilst tidying up in an attempt to make more space.



The pomander heart is made of clay and was uninspiring in it's original state as you can see.
 
 
I painted the front and back with gesso, then with a coat of white chalk paint before finally using a piece of sponge to swipe lilac chalk paint over the raised area of the flowers and the edge of the heart.
 
 
I picked out the fluted edge with white and added some pearls to the flowers.  Next I stitched along the edge of the cream lace, gathered it and glued it on the back edge. 
 
The hanging charm is a pale pink Chinese cloisonn√© bag charm and now I have a pretty, shabby chic heart to decorate my bedroom.

 
 
 
 
 


No comments: