Monday, 4 July 2016

In My Garden There Is ...

This is the theme for  ART JOURNAL JOURNEY this month and I can't wait to see how everyone interprets it.
 
I knew immediately what my page would be about - a certain four-legged, furry friend!
 
 
Using a large chipboard bird house as a mask, I sprayed the whole page with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Patina.  I used a Tim Holtz wood grain stencil and white texture paste over the masked-out image to give me the bird table, painting it brown when dry.
 
I drew the vines and flowers by hand using green acrylic paint and printed the wording using WordArt.
 
 
The little sparrow is a stamp from Crafty Individuals, using Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and the cat was stamped using black StazOn.
 
Pop over to Art Journal Journey via the link above and see what everyone has made of the theme.
 

9 comments:

sheila 77 said...

That's great how you made the birdhouse and a nice mixture of stamping and painting.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page Sue, I am sure cats regard bird tables as a sort of super 3D TV! Thanks for joining us at AJJ and have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Such a lovel page! Adorable! Thank you very much for this fantastic page to AJJ SUe!
oxo Susi
I wish you a happy week!

Little Artbee said...

A very good designed page. The texture of wood looks great to it. Well done.
Greetings
Sabine

chrissie said...

Terrific page with a bird and a cat in harmony.

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page, a great design and I can imagine your cat watching the birds. I'm so pleased you like this theme.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

How fun is this. I miss having a cat in my garden, but I will say the birds are more plentiful without one. :) Erika

~*~Patty S said...

Your page is really charming and so nicely done.
Thank you for sharing some of your creative process.

rike said...

Lovely page! It made me smile when I discovered the cat ... :)