Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Art Journal Journey

It's a new theme at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY and this month it's 'Journeys' - any kind, physical or spiritual.
 
 
My page reflects the fact that I've been gently nudging myself outside of my comfort zone in different areas of my life for a few months.  Trying food that previously I would have shunned, expanding my art to include figure drawing and soon, I hope, painting.
 
 The sentiment is a mixture from Tim Holtz 'Stuff to Say' and an unknown alphabet set. 
 
I started by spraying the page with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread, then flicking  watercolour paint across the page. 
 
 
To this I added the stencilled butterflies using Distress Ink in Broken China.  Each butterfly, deliberately paler to suggest a journey through time.  The pearl drops adding to the movement of the butterflies.
 
 

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is lovely, thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. It would also be perfect for TIOT, http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.de/ , where our theme is dots, spots and splashes. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This looks beautiful Sue! Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey!
oxo Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Your page is thought provoking and really lovely Sue!!!
oxo

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful page Sue. I love how you used the quotes to make such a great message. And beautiful spring colors too. :)