Saturday, 2 April 2016

What Did you Do During the War?

Today I'm sharing the first scrapbook page for my own heritage family album.  I made one for my sister several year's ago and realised that I should have one too, so that treasured photos and memories are recorded - for me and my daughter.
 

I'm using my favourite size which is 8" x 8" and I started with the torn wood paper and the grenade image which, would you believe, was torn from a paper bag a local craft store used for  my shopping! 
 
The journaling is on the front of a pocket which holds a small collection of photos taken of Palestine at the time.  These are all stamped on the back with the name of a photography studio in Palestine but I've no idea whether they were taken by my dad or the studio.  They were obviously important to him and are a fascinating insight into what the major buildings looked like at the time.
 
The photos are mounted onto acid free card but I always use scanned copies, that way there are several sources in case some get lost.
 

 

1 comment:

Gibby Frogett said...

Love this - fabulous photos - will be a great album!
I have about 6 albums nowhere near finished/started??
and have become lazy doing digital layouts instead.
Your layout is very inspiring!
Gill x