Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Mermaids Ahoy!

This is the final post for April's ATC swaps at  UKATC and I have to say, I struggled a little with this theme of Mermaids.  As usual there were 3 cards but somehow I only managed to scan 2 of them before sending them to the lovely Jan who organises the swap.
 
 
For this one I decided to tear strips of some mulberry paper I bought years ago to give the soft effect of the waves.  It's actually printed with the outline of dolphins in silver so I cut one of the tails out for the mermaid and added the hand cut from a magazine.
 
 
The background is from a Tim Holtz vintage card stack, stamped with a Crafty Individuals key in Distress Ink Vintage Photo.  The shells were free from Craft Stamper Magazine stamped in DI Rusty Hinge. 
 
 

2 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Both are super Sue!Love the effect of the mulberry paper!

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful cards.
I am totally smitten by your lovely mermaid!
oxo