Sunday, 10 April 2016

Inspired by a Song at Art Journal Journey

The theme for this month's challenge at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY is 'For the Record', taking inspiration from a song to create a journal page.
 
There are so many songs that came to mind, from those my parents used to play on their old reel-to-reel tape recorder at Christmas when I was about 6 to songs that reminded me of school, the 70s glam rock period and so on.  I finally settled on Peter Sarstedt's 1969 song 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely' which is one of my all-time favourites. 
 
 
I stated by drawing the girl laying on the bed then used pieces of sticky note to mask this ready for spraying with Cosmic Shimmer Astral.  I also added four circles to mask areas which I intended to write in but as you can see that changed as the page developed. 


I painted the girl with watercolour, then added the title and first line of the song, together with pictures to represent some of the lyrics.  These were inked randomly with DI Black Soot and Spun Sugar.
 
 



8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page - I did this one last Friday, too! I love the song. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful great realization of the song!
Hugs Anja

Becky said...

Great page I am sat singing the song now

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful song and page too! Thanks for the lovely entry for AJJ!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a wonderful page! What a great realization of that beautiful song ! Thanks a lot for joing us at Art Journal Journey again! Nice to have you with us!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Nice page! Its a great old song to use as your theme. :)

rike said...

Wonderful background! Great idea to show in the circles what she is dreaming of.

Gibby Frogett said...

Love this! This was one of the first ever records I got, if it was 1969 I was 9 years old - I played it and played it on my parents radiogram? Gill x