Thursday, 24 March 2016

The Last Artist Trading Cards for March

Here are my 3 March partner ATCs for the UKATC swap group on Yahoo. 
 
Drum roll please because I actually remembered to photograph them instead of scanning so I've given myself a mental 'well done' sticker. 
 
I used black StazOn and one of my new Lily Elise photo ready stamps for this one, mounting it onto a background coloured with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and then over-stamping randomly with Crafty Individuals' script stamp and StazOn.
 
 
I stamped onto brown card with DI Spiced Marmalade and the CI script stamp before using white texture paste and a Tim Holtz faded dots stencil to create the background.  I cheated with the tag though which was ready made, adding the string to maintain the slightly rustic look.
 

 
I kept this ATC simple with pinked edges on the smaller tag, inked with DI Shabby Shutters, then heat embossed the sentiment but I can' remember where it came from, possibly a craft group swap.
 
 
The daisies were cut using a mini shape punch and the bird is from Crafty Individuals, stamped in DI Brushed Corduroy and stuck on with 3D foam squares to add some depth.
 
On a totally different theme, I found out only yesterday that Zutter, makers of the Bind-it-All machine, appear to be in liquidation.  I'd wondered why I couldn't find some of the accessories I use on any of the craft supply websites.  In particular I've been hunting for the 8" x 8"removable page protectors for the heritage album I posted recently.  Now I'll have to find an alternative and try and punch all the holes in.  It looks as though the 12" x 12" size is still available at the moment but I prefer to work on the smaller size.  If anyone has any suggestions for alternatives do let me know in the comment box.
   



2 comments:

June Macfarlane said...

What beautiful atc cards.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful art - my favourite is the one with Lily Elsie :)
Sue, your blog is looking so lovely and Springlike.
Sorry I cannot help you with any information.
Wishes
Lynne