Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Red Romance on an Artist Trading Cards

The themed swaps for this month at UKATC were red or romance and I chose to make cards for both.
 
First of all the romance theme.  The card top left has been posted before as I entered this into the Crafty Individuals' January Challenge, 'lace, buttons, bits and bobs'. 
 
For the card top right I used CI crackle stamp and DI Pumice Stone on white card and silver texture paste with a heart stencil to add interest.  The image is from a CI stamp, using StazOn black ink, stamped onto glossy photo paper.  It gives a really interesting etched effect but you do need to clean the stamp immediately as it can lift some of the gloss from the paper.  You also need a solvent ink for this paper otherwise it won't dry. 
 
 
For the bottom card I used dictionary page entries for romance and romantic with a wooden heart painted in lilac chalk paint threaded with ribbon to finish off.
 
For the red-themed cards - top left is stamped with a music score in DI Fired Brick with a CI die cut birdcage.  For top right I ran some red card through the Cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder, then lightly sanded to reveal the white dots.  The image was stamped using DI Fired Brick and a stamp from Crafter Stamper Magazine.
 
 
For the bottom ATC I used a small piece of leftover card printed with large butterflies. Then I used a CI butterfly stamp and DI Festive Berries, cutting out three small butterflies to add to the background with Stickles glitter glue in red for the antennae. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You have been so productive and what beautiful results!
Wishes
Lynne