Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Glistening Glass at Christmas

At last my husband finished the bottle of Sloe Gin we bought months' ago because I had my eye on altering it.  It's a lovely square bottle and unusually, no etched or punched markings anywhere making it perfect for adding some sparkle.
 

 
To start with I used an Imagination Crafts corner stencil and Diamond Sparkle texture paste to the front and back.  I was going to add further embellishments but the bottle looked really lovely as it was so, unusually for me, I decided to leave it.  
 
After Christmas I might add a white candle or an artificial white flower but for now I simply tied some white lace around the top with a red ribbon and dropped in some festive foliage. 
 
 
It looks lovely on the mantelpiece along with my collection of glass candle holders and for Christmas I've added a string of fairy lights which makes all the glass really twinkle.
 
 
I've just discovered that my entry for the Winter Frost challenge at Crafty Individuals was one of several chosen by Effie.  So a big THANK YOU to Effie and Jean.  In case you're wondering, I chose the 'It's a Christmassy World' elements stamp to play with next year.
 
 

1 comment:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Sue
This looks like etched glass, so pretty and beautiful.
Congratulations on your win, so happy for you.
Wishes
Lynne