Friday, 4 December 2015

Art Journal

As the 2015 JOURNAL YOUR CHRISTMAS  with Shimelle Laine gets underway, I am reminded of how important it is to somehow record events in our lives. 
 
I always read previous JYC albums just before starting a new one and this year in particular I realised just how much I had forgotten about our family Christmas celebrations in the last few years.  And so I was prompted to commit this to my art journal.
 
 
The 'Journal' was die cut for another project but used here first as a mask, spraying Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread over the page and adding some large splatter marks. 
 
 
 I used a large Crafters' Workshop stencil and Imagination Crafts gold texture paste and some card mosaic letters to spell out 'memories' at the top. 
 
 
The addition of DI Tea Dye through a Tim Holtz faded dots stencil and some handwritten journaling and doodles completed the page.  



No comments: