Tuesday, 1 December 2015

A Heartfelt Christmas

I'm sharing a fairly quick makeover today using a hanging set of three, plain wood hearts which I bought for £2.99.
 
 
The frames were plain so first they needed some festive bling. Starting with a coat of white chalk paint I followed this with some silver texture paste and a corner mask which I find very versatile for adding random swirls.
 
 
I cut some white card to fit the apertures and sprayed them with gold paint before adding Imagination Crafts Diamond Sparkle texture paste using the same mask. 
 
The sentiments were stamped onto card sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread, using Festive Berries DI.  The Darkroom Door word collage stamp has been my 'go to' stamp this year as I can use the whole collage or cut out individual words or phrases.
 
 
I was going to add some red onto the frames to unify the whole piece but cunningly decided to leave them so that in future years I can change the apertures to any colour or design I want.  That idea appealed to me as I like to recycle pieces every now and then.
 
Today is also the first day of this year's 'Journal Your Christmas' with SHIMELLE LAINE  This is my 6th year and yesterday I spent a lovely hour with a cup of tea and all my previous Christmas albums.  I had forgotten so many things that happened, presents I had received, last minute panics, traditions old and new.  This is a wonderful idea to document your Christmas for yourself and your family.  I know that in years to come, Louise will enjoy looking back and seeing the journaling and the photographs that made Christmas past.  If you would like to join in, it's not too late.  Just click the link above. 
 
Look out for the odd journal page which I'll share with you throughout December together with the UKATC '12 Days of Christmas' ATCs I made for the swap.
 

 
 
 
 


No comments: