Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Let's Go Hat Shopping!!

For once I have a happy reason for not posting recently.  My daughter got engaged.
 
We're as excited as they are and when she came home at the weekend, out girlie talk extended to colour themes, dress styles, invitations and everything else 'wedding'.
 
But enough talk, here's the layout.
 
 
I started with white 12" x 12" textured card and used my Carl cutter and a wavy line blade to cut the edges and used DI Spun Sugar and a heart stencil to add the background.
 
 
The large panel on the left is actually the front of the first card I bought them.  I loved the words inside the card which summed-up everything we thought about the news but unfortunately in my excitement I made a complete mess when writing inside the card. I cut the tiny hearts in the corners from the lilac spotty card to balance the layout.
 
The heading was cut from inside the card and the date information above it typed. I tucked some hidden journaling behind the photograph, which was taken by a professional photographer a couple of months before the proposal.  The ribbon was wound around the flowers after they were stuck on.
 
So am I off to buy a hat?  Well they haven't set a date yet and it will probably be a year or two before the big day but actually hats definitely don't suit me.  However I might try a fascinator or as my sister Jackie calls them - an aggravator!!
 
Acknowledgement:  the photographer was Gary L Maxwell
 
 
 
 

No comments: