Sunday, 25 October 2015

I Can't Keep Up

A quick post today to share an art journal page which sort of fell into place.
 
  I didn't have a plan in mind when I started covering the page with textured paper and a piece torn from a used tumble dryer sheet, all stuck on with Mod Podge.
 
 
When I finished I realised the page looked quite cold and bleak and then I started thinking about how the weather had got colder and winter was on its way.  That made me think of Christmas and how close it is and then I began to panic because I'm totally behind with everything at the moment.  Of course inevitably I found myself wishing there was more time in the day and hence the idea for the page evolved.
 
 
I stamped the Doo Lally Pip image onto white card using StazOn black and cut it out adding the stamped wand onto the page.  The sentiment was typed using a variety of sizes, with the word 'wish' stamped in StazOn using a Tim Holtz, Stuff to Say stamp.  The clock image is stamped using DI Pumice Stone. 
 
So after realising how little time I have till Christmas have I started to prepare for it?  Have I heck;   I'll start tomorrow using the extra hour we've just gained!! 
 
 
 

No comments: