Saturday, 3 October 2015

A Knife, a Knife, My Kingdom for a Knife

You may remember a few months' ago I posted the vintage bone-handled knives I was altering.  I'd completed two and had one to go and at the time I was going to make the third knife a completely different style.  Well I changed my mind so here is the trio, mounted on a flat canvas board ready for hanging.
 

I used the Tim Holtz Faded Dots stencil and white texture paste first then sprayed the canvas randomly with Tattered Angels' Glimmer Mist in Sugar Maple.  Finally I smudged a little Viva Precious Metal in silver small around the surface.
 
I'm hoping I can get some large vintage serving spoons to try next as I really enjoyed preserving these.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Brilliant

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I love this idea. I have only altered spoons before but I remember seeing in a copy of Somerset Studio altered knives and forks. Love the way you displayed them, so striking.
Wishes
Lynne