Saturday, 12 September 2015

Positive/Negative Inspiration

I'm sharing a double art journal page today, keeping it fairly simple but using a range of techniques.



I started by adding a layer of gesso to each page and then used the Tim Holtz Faded Dots stencil and white texture paste to add some interest. 
 
I placed a die cut butterfly and border on the left-hand side to act as a mask and sprayed lightly with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery, which is a light shimmery blue.  I removed both die cuts and used the butterfly on the opposite side to create a negative and positive page.
 
The sentiments are from the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say collection - one stamp torn into three pieces.  I used StazOn blue ink to stamp onto white tissue paper because I wanted the texture dots to show through the paper.



I used Mod Podge to glue the tissue in place and once dry inked with  DI Broken China to blend the edges of the tissue into the pages.  I also brushed some of the ink randomly over the right-hand page and then and added 'Inspiration', cut from a magazine.

 

No comments: