Saturday, 1 August 2015

Typography

The first of the month which signals another Anything Goes challenge at ALTERED ECLECTICS but remember this is for altered art, mixed media and recycled/upcycled projects, no cards or ATCs.
 

 
For my DT project this month I decided to alter this chipboard printer's tray.  I love old wooden printers' trays displaying letters but they can be quite expensive and difficult to find.  So this my version, smaller and cheaper but still effective.

I started by spraying the tray gold and silver to give a mottled effect then having decided on the word 'love' I sorted through my half-used chipboard alphabet sets to find the letters, taken from three different sets so the letter shapes vary.
 
 
I used a selection of Frantage embossing enamel on the letters, heart and bird to give a metallic look to the piece, then chose the other charms to fit the space.
 
 
I used foam pads to stick the letters and the heart to give the illusion of depth.
 

 


2 comments:

Marina said...

Fab project, giving a fresh update on the Printer's Tray look.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Pretty and would look so lovely on any wall.
Wishes
Lynne