Monday, 6 July 2015

Be You...Art Journal

This is a quick scheduled post sharing another art journal page.  For this one I wanted to use collage elements from a magazine together with stamping but I started with the Tim Holtz wood stencil and white modelling paste to give the effect of a tree on the left-hand side. 
 

Next I tore out pictures of a wood and some stylised flowers from a perfume advert, using Mod Podge to stick them down.  Once dry I gave these a light coat of gesso which makes the wood look misty.  The whole page was then sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Rose and Patina to tie the collage and paste elements together, then I brushed DI Evergreen Bough over the modelling paste to make the wood effect stand out more. 
 
 
 
 
The head and wand are stamped in black StazOn using the Doo Lally Pip stamp Princess Tippy toes.
 


 
 
 

No comments: