Thursday, 4 June 2015

Artist Trading Card swap

I really enjoy making Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) but haven't swapped them for some time.  The group I previously swapped with closed and only now have I found a new one.

Not sure what ATCs are?  They are a standard 3.5" x 2.5" (8.89cm x 6.35cm) size card and are a way of showcasing your creativity.  You can use a range of techniques and mediums to create beautiful little works of art which you can swap with other talented people.  Collect them, make them into wall art, display them on mini easels and create your own art exhibition.

 If you would like to make and swap ATCs within the UK each month then check out UKATC on Yahoo. They're looking for new members to join their mandatory monthly swap of 3 cards plus optional themed swaps. 

Here are my first swap cards with this group which are the 3 mandatory partner swap ATCs.  These are any subject, style or technique. 
 
For the top card I used texture paste to create the tree and branches before painting them and the leaves in watercolour.  The sparrow was stamped using a Crafty Individuals' stamp in DI Frayed Burlap and Brushed Corduroy.

 
The middle ATC was inked using DI Vintage Photo then stamped in DI Pumice Stone.  The script for both backgrounds and the butterfly stamp are from Crafty Individuals, with the butterflies  stamped in DI Broken China, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries.  Finally I tied some raffia around the bottom to add to the rustic feel of the card.
 
 For the bottom card I used some lovely paper which I've had for ages and which reminds me of Monet's garden at Giverny.  I used Inkylicious stamps and StazOn black ink to stamp the twigs, dandelions and sentiment over the top, which are all from Inkylicious.
 
If these have inspired you to make and swap ATCs then please take a look at UKATC following the link at the top.


 
 
 

No comments: