Monday, 1 June 2015

Altered Eclectics Design Team Project

First of the month and a new 'Anything Goes' challenge at ALTERED ECLECTICS.  We are a mixed media/altered art challenge so please, no cards, ATCs etc.

 
My DT piece this month is an altered bottle, something I haven't done for a while.  This one started life full of Disaronno and very nice it was too!  Because it's a square bottle it makes for a nice shape to alter and easier to work on than a round one.  My inspiration?  Shabby Chic of course.
 
First I stencilled several hearts onto the bottle using white texture paste.  Next I used JOFY Fresco Finish chalk paint in Dolly Mixture and a swirl stencil to create the large heart.  The dots didn't turn out perfectly but I liked that rustic feel so I left them to dry but I could easily have wiped them off and started again. 
 
 
 As this is a decorative piece I'm not worried about the paint being permanent as it's not going to get dunked into water. 
 
I randomly dabbed the remainder of the paint over the bottle before covering it with white tissue paper, using Mod Podge.  I tore the tissue into fairly large pieces to make it easier, stamping the sentiment onto the front piece using Distress Ink in Dusty Concord.
 
 
I used Viva Precious Metal in silver and a piece of soft cloth to highlight the creases in the tissue and added the crochet heart to the neck.  There's no top on this bottle that way I can add a pale pink candle or use it for flowers. 
 
 

1 comment:

Chris CSDesigns said...

This is really pretty sue. I love the look of the stenciled hearts.
:) Chris / CS Designs