Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Art Journal a Summery Page

My page this time uses stencils, chalk paints, watercolours and stamping to create a whimsical garden.  Inspired by the sun pouring through the windows this morning, I'm reminded that warmer weather is hopefully on the way and with it flowers in all their glorious technicolour splendour.
 

 I started by stencilling the large lilac flowers and hearts using JOFY Fresco Finish chalk paint in Amethyst, then used the brush sideways in a dry brush technique to create the rough lines across the page.
 
 
Next I mixed some watercolour paint and added the stems, leaves and other details such as the darker purple to the flowers, dots to the hearts and yellow tufts of grass.  Once all the paint was dry I stamped the butterflies and sentiments using StazOn black ink.
 
 
 
 

No comments: