Friday, 1 May 2015

Altered Eclectics Challenge

Where is the year going to?  May already which means another challenge month at ALTERED ECLECTICS  We are an altered art/mixed media challenge only, no cards or ATCs thanks. 
 
For my DT piece this month I've upcycled/recycled (I'm never sure) a very plain but delicate porcelain tea light.

 
 It was a gift but not my taste and I was about to dispatch it to the charity shop when I turned the top half upside down and an idea was borne.  This is what it looked like before I took a creative swipe at it.
 
 
I painted the outside of the new cup and saucer using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish chalk paint in Teal and when dry lightly brushed over the embossed areas and edge of the saucer with Viva Precious Metal Colour in silver.  I used a dry baby wipe which I used to clean a rubber stamp for this as it gives more of a smear than using brush.
 
Next I hot glued the cup to the saucer and cut a small piece of artificial flower foam which I hot glued inside the saucer.  The white fabric roses were one bunch which I cut to length.
 
I think it's a huge improvement and it now adorns my mantelpiece.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Genius sweetie. Looks 100% better now you have been let loose on it lol. Love the colour too - homely looking - love it xx

Joi at RR said...

Wow - smart! What a great project and so pretty too. Love the color. j.