Monday, 13 April 2015

Those Lazy Days of Summers Past

Here's my latest CSI: COLOUR, STORIES, INSPIRATION entry. 

The photo was taken years ago but when I read the case file it immediately sprang to mind.  The photo is me and Louise trying to get out of a hammock on Discovery Island which was part of the Walt Disney World.  Unfortunately it's not open to visitors anymore but this picture brings back great memories of several trips to the island in the mid to late 90s.


This is the case file scene where you can see all the colours that must be used.  There's also a layout sketch to follow which you'll find on the blog along with all the other clues you need to solve the case.  Click the link above and see if you can solve the case.

 
  I started with a white page and added the border starting with Distress Ink Weathered Wood for the corners and StazOn Olive Green for the hearts giving me the dark green colour required.  The other colours are picked out in the flowers and the paper strips behind the embellishments.

 
For my evidence I used some pieces of an old map, travel embellishments, flowers and decorative borders and my testimony includes the inspiration word 'fabulous' and journaling.  
 
The sketch layout featured two photos but I chose to make a postcard for the journaling to replace the large photo, using a Stampers' Anonymous postcard stamp.   
 
 


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

June Macfarlane said...

Lovely page. Love all the little elements in this one and the fresh colour.
Hugs June x