Friday, 17 April 2015

Express Yourself

I'm sharing another page from my art journal today which reflects my love of colour, although you wouldn't know it from my rather drab wardrobe of clothes.  Why do I always buy black when I love pinks, purples and reds?  Anyway this page is full of colour starting with the background. 
 
 
First I emptied my hole punch over the page and sprayed over the top with Glimmer Mist Walnut Gold.   When dry I flicked off the tiny circles leaving a speckled effect and added some larger ones and sprayed again with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Rose which left the white spaces on the page. 
 
 
The weaving is strips of watercolour paper on which I'd painted a variegated wash.  Keeping to the bright clownish theme, the journaling is an IndigoBlu Circus Alphabet using a selection of Distress Inks.
 
 
To finish I added the stamped daisy border and butterflies, both from Crafty Individuals' together with some random dabs of acrylic paint.
 
 
 

1 comment:

June Macfarlane said...

Sue thats ecxcellent I love the hole punch idea. I shall keep that in mind lol. I love colour too. Hugs June x