Monday, 23 March 2015

If Life is Like the Movies ...

Here's my first art journal page and I really enjoyed the process of taking my rambling thoughts and conveying them on paper using art.  I love the way this turned out and how the central paper piece seems to be part of the page.
 
 
I coated the page in gesso first then tore a section from a sheet of wrapping paper about old movies, stuck it on and blended the edges with more gesso.  When dry I used a black marker pen to add the cross stitches. 
 
 
I used a large music script stamp and Distress Ink in Pumice Stone to stamp across the page, including the paper, then stamped a strip on the right-hand side using DI Vintage Photo.  The rest of stamping is StazOn Black using words from Tim Holtz 'Stuff to Say', A Flonzcraft alphabet set and a free stamp from Craft Stamper.  Finally I added some doodled musical notes and torn pieces of music paper.
 
 
What kind of movie is your life like?
 
 

No comments: