Sunday, 8 March 2015

A Picture from Lindisfarne

On the day of William and Kate's Royal wedding ( ages ago I know), Keith and I drove to Lindisfarne for the day.  It was a little overcast but we really enjoyed our visit and of the many photographs we took, I decided to paint the scene in this one.
 

As usual it was on my 'to do' list and although I printed the photograph it lay in the drawer until just before Christmas when at last I started the painting.  Unfortunately all sorts of obstacles got in the way, not least Christmas but I'm delighted to say that I finally completed the painting - and here it is.
 
 
I'm pleased with the way it turned out and it's now framed and hanging on the wall.  If you're wondering about the texture for the wall, I used creased clingfilm.  The cobbled wall at the front of the building was achieved using rock salt sprinkled onto wet paint and the foreground plant stems were created using thin pieces of card dipped into the paint.
 
My intention is to find more time for painting and I've already sketched out the next one.  It's rather ambitious for me and I'm not sure how I'll get on but if successful, I'll share it with you.
 
 
 

No comments: