Saturday, 7 February 2015

New House

My daughter will be moving soon for her job so I wanted to make a card to welcome her to her new home. I didn't want to make a traditional card with a house and usual sentiment, so when I saw the current challenge of 'Numbers' at Fashionable Stamping Challenges that gave me the idea I needed.


I used a Kraft card blank and roughly painted white chalk paint across the front.  For the stamping I used DI Seedless Preserve and Dusty Concord.   I used my new Flonzcraft bracket and alphabet stamp sets and  'Wish Dream' from Tim Holtz Stuff to Say, stamped directly onto the card.  The numbers are stamped onto watercolour paper for texture and cut so they look like tiles. 
 
Simple but effective and hidden amongst the numbers is the one for her new home.
 
If you want to join in the challenge you'll have to hurry.
 
 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sue love the stamping over the chalk paint, great effect. Fab card! Thanks for sharing at FSC this fortnight
Love
Amanda x

Mrs.B said...

Great card, the stamping on the chalk paint looks very effective.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x