Sunday, 1 February 2015

Love Hearts, Ribbon and Lace

It's the first challenge of 2015 over at ALTERED ECLECTICS where the theme is Anything Goes as long as it's altered art and not a card or other papercraft.
 
For my DT project I had to go with a Valentine theme but opted for a different colour than the traditional red and decided to alter a small frosted glass perfume bottle as a decorative piece for myself.
 
 
Here's the naked bottle plus the bits and pieces I used.
 

I decided to use teal green and vintage white for all the painted elements, using crafter's acrylic paint.  The heart is made from Martha Stewart paper clay and a mould then painted.  The cardboard was ripped from a box and the outer layer of brown paper stripped away to reveal the corrugations.  Once painted I rubbed a little silver paint across it and used this to edge the sentiment and the heart. 
 
The stopper was covered with paper painted in teal before wrapping the lace around it and this and the ribbon was secured using a clear adhesive.  For the sentiment and heart I used a hot glue gun. 
 
The sentiment is a miniature plastic domino from a Christmas cracker, painted with crafter's acrylic in vintage white, then stamped using DI in Evergreen Bough. 
 
A few pearls and a teal acrylic rose on top of the stopper finished the bottle of nicely.
 
I hope you'll join us in this month's Altered Eclectics challenge.   Pop over and check out the amazing DT inspiration, then share your amazing projects too.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Love your altered perfume bottle. Very pretty. Judy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I love this colour and such a pretty piece as a gift to yourself. Beautiful hun xx