Monday, 1 December 2014

A Festive Noel

It's the 1st of December which means, amongst other things, a new challenge month at ALTERED ECLECTICS where the theme is Anything Goes but no cards please.  We are an altered art challenge only.
 
My DT piece is of course, a Christmas decoration, using these 10 cm high brown, papier mache letters which I bought ages ago,  ready to adorn and alter for the festive season.
 
 
 
First I gave them two coats of DecoArt crafter's acrylic paint in antique white then stamped them using DI Festive Berries and a Crafty Individuals' script stamp.
 

Using Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium texture paste and a Sweet Poppy stencil, I randomly added the swirls over different parts of the letters.  When this was dry I used a dry wet wipe to smear more of the paste over some of the un-stencilled areas and also added some smears of Stickles Red Xmas sparkle.
 
 
I deliberately allowed some of the stencilling to 'hang' over the edge of the letters in some places to add more interest.


My intention was originally to add some small Christmas charms but I liked the way they looked at this stage so, unusually for me, I left well alone, simply hot gluing the letters together to make the word.


 

4 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful altered letters.

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous Sue - beautifully done

Have a great Christmas time

Your new teamy Hilda

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful altered letters. They would look great on my fireplace mantel. Judy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Such a beautiful project. Love altering the large letters and are so effective. They will look good on display hun. So pleased you are now an Eclectic girlie xx