Tuesday, 25 November 2014

JYC Thanks for the Memories

Recording all those memories of people, places and events is so important and with Christmas traditionally the time for catching up with folk,  it's the ideal celebration to capture and place in your scrapbook album.

With that in mind I've just made my album for this year's 'Journal Your Christmas' class with SHIMELLE LAINE 
 
Last year was so hectic at work that I just managed to keep up with daily prompts for JYC so this year I've down-sized the album and made a 7" x 5" one using my Bind-it-All. The album has acrylic covers and the first page is decorated with the tag I entered into a recent blog challenge.
 
 
I used a large O wire binding because I know from past experience that I try to cram so many embellishments on a page, the album is fit to burst by the time I'm finished.
 
 This will be my 5th year of documenting the festive season from 1st December to Boxing Day or beyond if you prefer.  Every year, just before Christmas,  we look through the previous albums and it's amazing how many memories come flooding back - good and not so good.  The small details that you forget but that make a real family Christmas or an event special are recorded in the album, with names, dates, venues and some wonderful photographs. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: