Saturday, 1 November 2014

It's the 1st of November Already

And that means another 'Anything Goes' Challenge at ALTERED ECLECTICS.  This is an altered art only challenge, no cards etc. but we would love to see anything altered.
 
For my DT project this month, I've altered a couple of perfume boxes to look like a set of mini drawers. 
 

 This is how they started life and you might recognise them as being from the Liz Earle Botanical Essences collection. 
 
 
 I love  Botanical Essence No. 1 and am on my third bottle.  These little boxes are really sturdy and have a little drawer with a ribbon pull, just like a handle!!  So there was the inspiration: To alter two of these and stick them together to make a drawer unit.
 
I started by painting both the outside boxes and the drawers with white craft acrylic paint.  When dry I used DI  Pumice Stone to stamp a Crafty Individuals' script stamp at different angles across the outside boxes and the drawer fronts.
 
 
  I left this overnight to dry and then used DI Seedless Preserve, Dusty Concord and Tattered Rose to stamp the small hearts and cherry blossom stamps.  The blossom is from a Kanban Chinese stamp set. I also stamped the ends of the outside boxes. 
 
 
I used a hot glue gun to stick the drawers together, then finished with some ready-made resin roses and the white Martha Stewart clay rose which I made. 
 
I hope I've inspired you to join us at Altered Eclectics.
 
 
 

1 comment:

crafty creations said...

Hi Sue - and wow what a wonderful transformation - love the vintage look of it

I am soon to be your fellow teamie so am popping around the DT blogs

Hugs Hilda