Sunday, 2 November 2014

A Vintage Christmas

Sometime ago I bought a couple of small, metal craft coat hangers to make some wall hangings with and knew when I saw them that Christmas would be a great time to use them.  Add to that some recently acquired hessian and my Vintage Christmas decoration took life.
 
  
These are the elements I originally planned to use.  The rosette was from a jam jar and I had intended to cut a circle to fit in the middle onto which I would stamp the focal image.  However as crafters know, most pieces evolve with changes being  made along the way and in the end I decided to use a small piece of card which I had already inked with DI Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo.  I changed my mind about the ribbon
 
 
After cutting the hessian to the length I wanted, I folded the top edge over the coat hanger and glued the top to the underneath layer, using a heavy book to hold it place.  On top of that I glued some cream lace and added another piece at the bottom.  To make sure these were secure I hand-stitched along the edge of the lace using red embroidery thread.
 
 
All the stamps are from Crafty Individuals, using DI Vintage Photo for the main image and DI Festive Berries for the sentiments.
 
 
 
The seasonal berries in the corner were taken from a larger decorative piece and tied in place with a piece of butcher's twine; the stem being tucked behind the lace. 
 
I'm entering this into the CRAFT-ROOM CHALLENGE - A Vintage Christmas
 
 
 

4 comments:

Debi said...

Sue!! this is just perfectly rustic vintage and adorable- love it, Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Gorgeous hanging Sue, beautiful details.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

hazel said...

A gorgeous Christmas decoration, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Dr Sonia S V said...

OH wow it looks so beautiful I Especially loved the red berries and the hanger idea
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects