Wednesday, 1 October 2014

New Challenge Month at Altered Eclectics

Here we go with another 'Anything Goes' challenge over at ALTERED ECLECTICS.  This is an altered art challenge only so no cards, scrapbooking or ATCS please.  We would love to see your altered art projects so pop over and have a look at the other fantastic DT pieces for inspiration. 
 
For my DT piece I altered another papier mache frame. 
 
 

Like the last papier mache frame I posted, I forgot to take a picture but it was the usual brown colour and I painted it with black craft acrylic paint.  I then took some white tissue paper and stamped randomly over it with DI Dusty Concord and a swirl stamp. 
 
 
When the frame was dry I covered it with diluted PVA glue and stuck the stamped tissue over the entire frame, deliberately creating creases as I pushed the tissue into all the corners. 
 
Once the tissue paper was dry, I lightly rubbed over the top with Viva Precious Metal Colour in silver and then added some smears of Frantage Aged Gold Embossing enamel.
 
 
For the central image I cut two pieces of very thick chipboard.  The larger piece was heat embossed with black embossing powder and a little of the Frantage and some silver embossing powder. 
 
The smaller piece of card was sprayed with silver paint and the Penny Farthing which is from a Flonzcraft stamp was heat embossed in black. 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Wonderful alteration Sue,
Wishes
Lynne