Sunday, 26 October 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

Wow, I can't believe it I've actually started earlier than usual in getting my Christmas cards and decorative bags made this year.  If I paint my cards I make them all the same but otherwise I like to make them all very different.  Here's my snowflake card which is devoid of ribbons and fabric but I've added texture with dry embossing.
 
 
I started by inking the plain white card blank with Distress Ink in Broken China, then used a large music score stamp and DI Pumice Stone to randomly stamp over the card. Here are all the individual elements before assembly.
 
 
 
Next I tore a square of white watercolour paper and ran it through the Cuttlebug using a snowflake embossing folder.  I gently swiped over the top with a piece of Cut-n-Dry foam and the Broken China to highlight the snowflakes. 
 
 
 Both sentiments, the focal one from Crafty Individuals' and the
'Merry Christmas' sentiment which was free with Craft Stamper magazine are stamped using blue StazOn onto pale blue pearlescent card. The large snowflake was heat embossed onto acetate.
 
I'm entering this into the following challenges:
 
CRAFT-ROOM - Make your own background
FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES - Weather Forecast
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Amber Milone said...

Such a pretty Christmas card! I love the blues and the embossed snowflake background. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room!

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Sue, fabulous card and beautiful snowflakes.
Thank you for sharing at our background challenge over at Craft-Room;-))m

Debi said...

Always lovely to have you join us at Craft Room Challenge Sue, this is another lovely creation from you, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xx