Sunday, 28 September 2014

A Wise Old Owl

This is a lovely stamp, not one I would've bought myself but one I certainly enjoy using.  As soon as I saw the current challenge 'Forest Friends' (ending tomorrow) over at CRAFT-ROOM , I knew this would be perfect. 
 
 
Using Distress Inks for all the stamping, I started by stamping the kraft card with an Inkylicious twig stamp in  Brushed Corduroy and Spiced Marmalade.
 
I used a thick piece of cream card for the topper, inked with Brushed Corduroy and the owl stamped in Vintage Photo.  The feathers, free from Craft Stamper Magazine, were stamped in Vintage Photo onto cream card inked with Brushed Corduroy. 
 
 
Some raffia and the Woodware sentiment stamped in Black Soot finished off the card.
 
 

4 comments:

Debi said...

Great card Sue, love the feathers! and the sepia tones, Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Fabulous stamps, beautiful card.
Perfect for our challenge at Craft-Room, thank you and good luck;-))m

hazel said...

I love your card, the background and image are fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

hazel said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the background and image, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.