Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Back to Reality

Hi folks, I hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine, either here or abroad.  I've just returned from a fabulous month-long break and am now trying to get back into the old routine ready for returning to work.

I'm hoping we get more warm sunny weather for a long time to come but eventually we'll start to think about the next big holiday. Yes, you know the one I mean and as if we needed a reminder, THAT'S CRAFTY! challenge blog has 'Christmas in July' as its current challenge.

 
I decided to make a vintage-style Christmas card (well, you can't start too early can you?) and opted for a textured aperture card, using traditional red and green colours.

 The dancing children stamp is one I chose from Flonzcraft after being a winner at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and is stamped directly onto the aperture backing using DI Black Soot.  Having masked the image, I stamped the music script in StazOn Olive green over the top.  The sentiments from Crafty Individuals are stamped onto watercolour paper, using DI Fired Brick.


 I've had the lovely green lace in my ribbon drawer for ages, courtesy of a blog hop a couple of years ago. It's not a colour I usually go for and was beginning to think it would never be used but it just proves that being a crafty hoarder pays off in the end!






1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Sue

This is a wonderful Christmas card. I so like that stamp, it is lovely.
Wishes
Lynne