Friday, 1 August 2014

Altered Eclectics Challenge

Another monthly, 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Altered Eclectics.  Remember no papercrafts; altered art only please.
 
I decided to alter a small wooden box for my DT piece this time and used paper and stamping rather than different paint and embossing techniques.  I started with some white tissue paper which I stamped with Crafty Individuals' script stamp and Distress Ink in Seedless Preserve.  I used this to cover the sides and the top of the box and then roughly brushed some DecoArt's Vintage White acrylic paint over patches of the tissue paper to fade the stamping.
 
 
On the top I've used some left-over die cut ovals which I stamped with Seedless Preserve and sentiments from Tim Holtz Stuff to Say stamp set and squares stamped with the CI script stamp. The swirl was cut using Cricut Cindy Loo cartridge and the key from the Indie Art cartridge, then heat embossed with Frantage, Aged Scarlet embossing enamel.
 
 
The circular frames were cut using the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge and the images are from Crafty Individuals' People & Places, Miniature 2 image book.  The edge of the lid was painted with Craig & Rose, Opulence, Pearlised Silk wood paint which I bought in a DIY shop.  As you can see the lid edge is quite rough and I could've sanded this down a little but I like the way it adds to the vintage feel of the box.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

This is so pretty and I like the way you used images as well as stamping.
Wishes
Lynne