Tuesday, 12 August 2014

A Summer's Night

I've just received my second set of Flonzcraft stamps from the prize draw at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.  How lucky to be picked two challenges in a row!!  This time I chose this lovely Art Deco Ladies, silhouette stamp sheet and another small vintage Christmas image.
 

 
 
For my card I chose the image of a lady dancing in the garden on a balmy summer's night.  The moon is shining and she's silhouetted against the feathery trees, lost in thought as she dancing under the silvery moon.

  
 The focal image was stamped onto white card using DI Black Soot.  This was then matted onto alternate card, stepping both top left and bottom right edges in an Art Deco style.  Unfortunately I stuck the bow over the top left corner - typical!

 
To continue the theme of a summer's garden I used white heat embossing powder to stamp the cherry blossom image from a Kanban 'Chinese' stamp set. The hanging branches rustling in the breeze are from Inkylicious.
 
I'm entering this card into the CRAFT ROOM 'Summer Garden' challenges.
 


 

3 comments:

hazel said...

A beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Zoe Sanderson said...

How wonderful to win such a great prize, lovely card and a great back story to it. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Fabulous card Sue, lovely story and congrats for your wins. Beautiful creation, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m