Thursday, 24 July 2014

The Power of the Imagination

My first set of Flonzcraft stamps arrived today and I couldn't wait to start creating with them.  I chose the Vintage Machines stamp set which you can see here, together with a sweet Christmas stamp.

 
I already had a piece of chipboard which had been inked with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and stamped with Crafty Individuals' script stamp in DI Pumice Stone.  I over-stamped this with Crafty Individuals' clocks and watches stamp set in Vintage Photo and then used three of the images from the Flonzcraft stamps using StazOn black ink. 


I double-stamped the gramophone, pince-nez and flying machine so the image on the background was slightly faded.


For the large, debossed stamped sentiment I used Blonde Moments Embossing Powder, heating three layers until it was thick enough to push the Tim Holtz, Stuff to Say stamp into.  If you can't read it, it says: The world of reality has its limits; but the world of imagination is boundless.  The other sentiments are stamped in StazOn red and a few more blobs and smears of embossing powder added to the ethereal effect.

 
 
 
 



No comments: