Sunday, 1 June 2014

Altered Eclectics Monthly Challenge

A new month, another 'Anything Goes' challenge at ALTERED ECLECTICS.  We are strictly an altered art challenge so no papercrafts please.
 
 
I decided to alter a cheap canvas this month and started by painting it with DecoArt's Vintage white acrylic paint (even though it looks pure white in the picture below), then I got stuck in with the texture paste.  I used an Imagination Crafts' diamond stencil and Sparkle Medium in Diamond and Gunmetal.
 

 When this was dry I used a small flower swirl stamp and StazOn black ink and very carefully stamped around the texture paste and the large blank areas of the canvas.  The sentiments are from Tim Holtz Stuff to Say and as you can see, the long stamp missed slightly at the top but I covered it up with the roses.  The other sentiment was heat embossed in black onto a piece of very thick card.

The flowers and cameo were made with Martha Stewart's Crafters' clay.  I coloured the white clay with DI Black Soot to make the frame of the cameo.  To make the large net flower I cut a strip of black net wide enough to fit between the diamonds on either side of the canvas and then stitched a running stitch down the middle.  I drew the stitches tight to make the flower and then stitched it onto the canvas before adding the cameo with hot glue. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Tracey Mallaghan said...

This is stunning I love it :)