Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Pretty and Practical

Practical as ever, I needed a small storage container for my bathroom and I decided to decorate something I already had in my 'little drawer'. 
 
 
 
 
I used a plain piece of pale blue pearlescent cardstock cut to fit the width of the tin and then using Staz-On blue ink, I stamped the Crafty Individuals' CI- 35 lace stamp along the top and bottom and then used CI-017 script stamp randomly in the middle.  I stuck this round the tin using strong double-sided tape and tied the ribbon at the top. 
 
 
The perfume bottles and labels were stamped onto white card using Distress Ink in Seedless Preserve and Dusty Concord then cut out, with the labels being edged with a little Frantage Shabby Blue Opaque embossing powder.  The large label was then mounted onto a frame cut from Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge.
 
 
The paper flowers were assembled with a pearl in the centre to finish off.

I'm entering this into two challenges:

Craft-Room - Recyle
and
 
 
 

3 comments:

Debi said...

So pretty Sue, perfect little something for your bathroom :-) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Vintagelady said...

Great idea, beautiful work and thanks for playing with us at FSC, Kerstin

Esther said...

This is really pretty - love the lace and script stamping and the flowers are gorgeous, Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room and FSC...Esther xx