Thursday, 1 May 2014

Altered Eclectics' Anything Goes Challenge

It's the first of the month so another chance to enter the Anything Goes challenge over at ALTERED ECLECTICS   We are an altered art challenge so no papercrafts please, that includes cards.
 
Here's my DT project for this month but there are some wonderfully inspiring pieces from my DT buddies as well, so take a look.
 
 
I decided to alter another bottle as I really enjoy the challenge of coming up with something different each time.  I had collected this square bottle (having consumed the Tequila!) and decided panels on each side were the order of the day.  For some reason I immediately thought of an oriental theme and I was off.
 
I cut a template to fit each side and cut out four panels from plain white card which I then inked lightly all over with DI Dusty Concord.  I stamped the Crafty Individuals' script stamp over the top with DI Pumice Stone before heat embossing the images using Black powder and stamps from a Kanban set.
 
 
 Next I stamped the same blossom stamp over each panel using DI Seedless Preserve to give some continuity to the design, before using an Imagination Crafts stencil and Sparkle Medium in Diamond to add some random dimension to the panels. 
 
 
 The edges were then inked with DI Seedless Preserve and the holes and eyelets inserted using a Crop-a-Dile. 
 

I glued the panels round the bottle using Glossy Accents and then threaded the ribbon through each hole, looping it over the top of the bottle before pulling tight. 
 
 
The neck was finished with a strip of inked paper to match and more ribbon, with a wooden die cut circle on the top.  Finally I added purple Stickles to some of the flower centres, the edges of the paper panels and the top.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments: