Monday, 26 May 2014

Altered Coasters

I decided to alter some coasters which came as part of a charity pack last year. They're quite thick so painting them wasn't a problem. 
 
 
I took my inspiration from a set I bought for my daughter's new flat.  I loved the colours and the sentiments made me smile.
 
 
I used Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Broken china and Seedless Preserve.  The sentiments are from Tim Holtz Stampers' Anonymous, Stuff to Say and the images are mostly free stamps from Craft Stamper Magazine.

 
I started by covering the back of the coasters with a coat of white acrylic paint to cover up the charity information.  On the front I glued newspaper and then covered this with a coat of DecoArt Vintage White acrylic, before stamping.


I gave them a very light coat of Glossy Accents to seal the images but unfortunately the ink smudged on this one, even though I barely touched the surface with the brush.  For some reason I can't resize this picture in blogger but you can see the smudges in their glory.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

I am sure you had so much fun altering the coasters.
Wishes
Lynne