Friday, 18 April 2014

Do You Come Here Often?

Annoyingly, I've run out of time to enter this little hanging into THAT'S CRAFTY!'Circles' challenge but check out their current theme of 'Black and White With a Splash'.  I haven't run out of time to enter it into the following two challenges though:
 
FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES  - Favourite Technique
 

Now favourite technique was difficult because I have so many but when I thought about the one thing I incorporate in nearly every project, it was spraying Glimmer Mists and Cosmic Shimmers to make my own backgrounds onto which to stamp and embellish.
 
So that's how I started.  The backing was cut from a 12" x 12" sheet of chipboard.  I bought this as a pack from a well-known TV craft channel and was surprised at how thick it is.  Originally I wanted to use it in my Cricut Create but it's actually too thick but perfect for this project.  I used DI Tea Dye and a flower stencil to ink the small circles randomly, then the same mask and some Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in Diamond to add some texture.  Once this was dry I sprayed lightly with Glimmer Mist Sugar Maple then inked the edges of the card with Tea Dye.  The hoops and large circles were also sprayed.
 
 
The Crafty Individuals' image was stamped on white card that had been inked with Tea Dye, using DI Black Soot.  I offset this onto a piece of Adorable-Scorable card which I ran through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot embossing folder and then sanded back to reveal the white card.  The music was stamped using DI Vintage Photo onto white card inked with Tea Dye.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Meggymay said...

A wonderful project, love your techniques on the background and the beautiful main image. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Zoe Sanderson said...

Gorgeous hanging and great background, i love GM as well and the stencils and pastes. The results you have achieved here are wonderful. Thank you for joining us again a Craft-Room Challenge we love to have you playing along. XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

A beautiful hanging, I love the colour and the circles on the background, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Annie said...

This is a beautiful make Sue. Love the background you have created and the fab stamped image. Thank you for joining in with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight x

thassos456 said...

Beautiful project. Love the main image and the music sheet ribbon :)

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Sue, fabulous background and just perfect stamp for our theme.
Gorgeous card.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Debi said...

Beautiful piece Sue, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xx

Carol said...

Beautiful I can imagine how it attracts the light and shimmers - gorgeous x

Carol said...

Beautiful I can imagine how it attracts the light and shimmers - gorgeous x